- Charlottesville, VA 22908 US
- Hospital-Outpatient Clinic
- University of Virginia Health Physicians Group
UVA Outpatient PT & OT - Physical Therapist - NCS preferred
University of Virginia Outpatient Physical and Occupational Therapy is seeking an experienced, licensed physical therapist to join our team in Charlottesville, VA.
Position Highlights • Department Hours: Monday – Friday, 7 am – 6 pm
• Provider Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8 hour shift. Will staff MS clinic one day a week, 8 am – 4:30 pm; No weekend call
• Will be treating teen to adult patient population
• At least two years of outpatient experience desired
• Neurologic clinical specialist (NCS) certification preferred
• Neuro experience preferred
• Dry needing experience and/or certification preferred
• Must be comfortable performing patient transfers with equipment assistance (lifting/moving up to 100 lbs) Job Description
• A Physical Therapist consistently provides effective direct care to a variety of complex patients. In doing so the Physical Therapist acts as a role model and supervisor for junior staff and helps identify patients who have unmet physical therapy needs
• This level of therapist seeks and provides feedback for improved clinical practice and begins to assume a leadership role but seeks mentoring in this process
• A Physical Therapist is focused on expanding clinical knowledge and skills beyond the entry level and sharing this knowledge through in-services and mentoring junior PTs in coordination of care with the other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team
• Therapists at this level may be asked to contribute to performance appraisals
• The PT is expected to serve as a primary clinical instructor for students
• Performs physical therapy examinations according to professional standards and departmental policy
• Demonstrates knowledge of intervention options and executes a program of skilled physical therapy intervention
• Actively participates in professional growth of self and others.
• Actively participates in quality improvement and program development.
Neurological Certified Specialist Preferred (NCS)
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy
Experience: 2 years of experience preferred
Licensure: Licensed to practice in Physical Therapy in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification.
To Apply: https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UVAJobs/job/Charlottesville-VA/UVA-Outpatient-PT---OT---Physical-Therapist---NCS-preferred_R0032364
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Job requires standing for prolonged periods and frequently bending/stooping/traveling. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull up to 100lbs. May be exposed to blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
COVID Vaccination Requirement and Guidelines Please visit the UVA COVID-19 Job Requirements and Guidelines webpage prior to applying for current Information regarding vaccination requirements and guidelines for employment at UVA.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.