- Richmond, VA 23226 US
- Encompass Health
Physical Therapist (Pool)
Schedule: Our PRN role requires availability on weekends and occasional availability on weekdays to support staffing needs.
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
• Provide physical therapy treatment and patient care according to hospital, state and federal regulations and professional guidelines.
• Delegate tasks and supervise physical therapist assistants and technicians.
• Maintain open and ongoing communication with hospital departments to ensure that patient, staff and hospital needs are met.
• Help patients to regain control of their lives and their independence.
• Create an environment and a culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
• Current state licensure or certification on or before the first day of employment required.
• CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
• Successful completion of a degree from an accredited bachelor’s or master’s program, plus sufficient experience in the field essential.
• Demonstrated competence in physical therapy evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
• Effective communication skills for working with patients, families and caregivers required.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
Address: 5700 Fitzhugh Avenue, Richmond 23226
Shift: Day Job
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 2012987